Sunday, April 26, 2015

Today I had the privilege of interviewing a young man who gets up in the wee hours of the morning everyday, traveling across the border from Tijuana to San Diego to get an education that the rest of his family never got the chance to get and to pursue dreams others couldn't even dare to dream. Who has lived his young life in poverty and still has the strength to keep going. Not for a moment do I believe I am worthy of the power to determine the future of such a bright soul, but I am 100% honored and humbled to be able to help give opportunities to those who truly seek them.
The thing is that if you open your heart and your ears to those individuals around you and allow yourself to listen without judgement, there are many people around you with amazing stories of survival, perseverance, and determination. You never know what a person is going through to be able to even have a fraction of a portion of the life you are able to live. I am lucky and I am grateful for the life that I am able to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment